I did not know how much more I could love this man until I saw him become a Dad. Both boys absolutely love their Daddy and since Father’s Day is around the corner, I wanted to post about gift ideas since I ALWAYS struggle deciding what to gift my husband. He is so simple AND often times he gets himself things he wants so that leaves me scraping the Internet for ideas so I thought I’d share my finds.
- On a side note: there should be a rule around birthdays and holidays that no one is allowed to buy themselves anything! I think I’m discussing that rule TODAY!
On to Father’s Day <or any special day for your guy>. Of course all men are different, with different interests so if your husband has any particular hobbies or interests, then run with something that will add to that but, if your husband is like mine, it is hard to shop for them so here are my top 5 suggestions for Father’s Day Gifts this year.
1.On my hunt to help you, I asked my husband what things he’d want to get and he said… “socks and underwear”… I rolled my eyes and laughed but he said, no really. So my first suggestion are socks and underwear, LOL. He actually recently found this brand of underwear on Amazon that he highly recommends along with the no show socks he buys.
2. Man Crate- Have you ever heard of these? If you have not, these are AWE-SOME! I gifted this to my hubby for his birthday one year and it was a complete hit. They have great customer service and tons of different themes at all sorts of price points. AND if you really want to have fun with it, pay the extra $10 and get it ducked taped! It is hysterical to see them open this thing!
3.Yeti- We live in a neighborhood that LOVES to hang outside and Yeti cups are absolutely perfect. You can even get them engraved with his name or any particular design he would like. We love going to the lake as well and Yeti’s are a must-have during the summer
4.Home Gym- Two years ago, for Father’s Day, I made my husband a garage Gym. He had been working out of the garage for quite some time but I wanted to make it “legit” so I went and bought mirrors at Home Depot, bought him a bar bell set, a weight rack, a bench and combined the weights he already had with a brand new set of bar weights. For the flooring, I went to a Tractor Supply Co. and bought 4- 4′ x 6′ horse stall mats. These are very heavy so I had to get help from a good friend of ours and while my husband was working, he helped me set everything up! Thanks Chuck ! Cool thing with doing something like this is that you can continue to add to it as you go.
5.Charging Station- I saw this while I was browsing the internet and thought to myself, we need several of these throughout the house! We have chargers everywhere so this would be so handy for his nightstand or our drop off corner (you know, the corner of the kitchen counter that stacks up quickly with random items!).
BONUS IDEA: 6.Beer Making Kit- Years ago I gifted my husband a VERY elaborate kit to make his own beer. The process was long but the beer was GOOD! I thinks this is a super cool gift if your hubby likes beer. Since then, I have seen other kits that seem way more user friendly and affordable. Here is one with good reviews.
And of course, the BEST gifts are the ones that are not found in stores.
- Make a craft using your baby’s hand/foot prints
- Cook his favorite meal
- Ask your child questions about dad and make him a book
- BE PRESENT!!! I am guilty of this one. I plan on having my phone away and give my hubby my undivided attention ALL.DAY! I know he will appreciate this one :).
Hope these are all helpful gift ideas!!! Comment below on any other ideas you have found!